What is myostimulation?
Myostimulation is the use of electric currents to enhance muscle function. This type of therapy is called electrotherapy. It helps to strengthen and stimulate the recovery of muscles after injury. The electrostimulation method is actively used by beauty salons for body shaping and age-related changes.
Why is myostimulation so popular?
Myostimulation involves a kind of exercise, with which you can pump up and strengthen muscles, tone the muscles, model the body silhouette, reduce body weight, get rid of cellulite and, most importantly, this type of medical service is rehabilitation after operations of varying degrees of complexity. This is a very effective and efficient procedure, the patient does not need to make any efforts – the device will do everything for him.
The intertwined concepts of muscle tone and beauty are built around healthy, strong muscles and an attractive body. It is for this that the myostimulation procedure was created, thanks to myostimulation all muscles in the human body work.
Myostimulation has been used in medicine for a long time, which confirms the fact of pacemakers that activate the heart muscle and “start” the heart. This procedure is carried out by the method of electrical impulses, which are the basis in myostimulation.
What does myostimulation?
Thanks to myostimulation, you can achieve the following results:
- Strengthen and build muscle tissue;
- Strengthen blood circulation and lymph circulation;
- Shift of fat metabolism and hormonal levels;
- Local lipolysis;
- Reduce skin swelling;
- Restore tone;
- Improve the functional state of the nervous and endocrine systems;
- Stimulate the neuromuscular connection;
- Activate proprioceptors;
- Break down fat cells;
- Strengthen the drainage of the intercellular fluid;
- To activate metabolism.
What current is used for myostimulation?
For the best result, the following types of current are used in rehabilitation: constant current with a manual interrupter; monopolar pulse; exponential impulse and neuro-like.
Записаться на прием
For what diseases can myostimulation be used?
- Spinal cord injury;
- After injuries and operations on the spine;
- After amputations;
- In case of sports and domestic injuries;
- In case of malfunction of the ligaments;
- With muscular-tonic pain syndrome;
- Acute and chronic pain (back pain, headache, neck pain, wrist pain, leg pain);
- Restoration of muscle tone and muscle contractile activity;
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Spasticity of muscles after strokes and cerebral palsy, with multiple sclerosis;
- Traumatic neuropathy;
- Myofascial trigger points;
- Paresis and muscle paralysis after strokes, back and head injuries;
- Sympathetic reflex dystrophy;
- Segmental autonomic disorders.
Contraindications for myostimulation
In some cases, it will be impossible to carry out the myostimulation procedure, and every person who is interested in this method of recovery should know about it.
So, it is impossible to carry out this procedure in next cases:
- Skin sensitivity disorders
- Purulent skin lesions
- Violations of the integrity of the skin in the area of manipulation
- Contracture of facial muscles
- Bleeding tendencies
- The presence of an intrauterine device
- Blood pathologies
- Hepatic and renal failure
- Decompensation of chronic pathologies
- Acute diseases
- Oncology, neoplasms in the area of exposure
- The presence of metal elements in the area of the procedure and the pacemaker
- Bone fracture
- Dislocation of joints before reduction
- Gallstone disease
- Increased electrical excitability of muscles
- Individual intolerance
- Carrying out a procedure in the area of a postoperative scar up to 10 months after surgery