Examination and treatment of lover back pain in Kiev
The lower back is the most vulnerable part of the spine – it receives the highest load when walking, twisting, bending and lifting weights. In addition, the vertebrae of the lumbar spine are not protected by the rib frame, therefore, very often pains appear in the lower back caused by muscle overstrain, hernias, compression of nerve endings, and inflammation of the joints.
According to statistics, 90% of lower back pain is caused by diseases of the musculoskeletal system. 6% are due to kidney disease, and the remaining 4% are caused by other pathologies of internal organs.
Lower back pain can be caused by poorly formed posture, lack of mobility, overweight, uneven physical activity, hereditary predisposition. With age, degenerative processes in the spine intensify, accompanied by impaired blood supply, cartilage dystrophy and destruction of bone tissue, pinching of nerve endings, inflammatory processes in muscles and joints.
All this can result in:
- Hernias and protrusions;
- Ankylosing spondylitis, etc .;
ETC Clinic specializes in diseases of the musculoskeletal system and provides diagnostics and complex treatment of lower back pain.
Lower back pain is treated in several stages.
Diagnostics and examination:
During the examination, the doctor examines and palpates the affected spine, prescribes X-ray, CT or MRI studies. If necessary, gives a referral for laboratory tests.
- In case of acute pain, blockade of the muscle tissue of the affected area by injecting corticosteroids;
- In the presence of an acute pain syndrome, a drug blockade is performed with novocaine drugs or corticosteroids;
- Drug therapy includes the appointment of NSAIDs, analgesics and decongestants;
- Application of a complex of vitamins and chondroprotectors to improve metabolic processes and strengthen bone and cartilage tissue..
In each case, treatment is prescribed to the patient individually, taking into account the complete picture of the disease.